Monday, April 27, 2009

History of Art....

Well, .....since I was 5 years I was always interested in paintings, the first painting that I remenber saw for the first time was a reproduction in the house of my dad's friends in Brasil, that painting was of Gaughin, at then Guernica by Picasso. It the school I always show talent in the drawing and the painting, my mother say that my teachers always said that I should study art, and I was only 8 years old at the time. My mother always buy me books of painting, my dad always admired my interest in art. So it was something I always knew that I was going to study this carrer. When I was fifteen I discover this carrer, I always watch on the cable tv documentarys of painting or painters, and I shed light on that the people who spoke on this documentarys were historian, critics, writers, of art exclusive, so I thougth "were I should study to do want this people do". That is why I'm studing this strange carrer, just only because I love art.

The professionals of my carrer contribute to the study the diferents ways that the humanity had seen the world, and to understand why the society had acting in the way that we see now, and that study help us to understand our own society. All this knowledge serve to contribute to the construction of the perspective that the society has of him self.

The tools that the professionals need to the future are the society. Because in he society is were the perspective of seen change, also the historical context of this society.

Well, me favourite subject is SOCIOLOGY OF ART, superficies fantasmáticas y obra y discurso. The least year was Obra y materialidad, estética, ruptura e ideologia. I think that I LIKE MORE AESTHETICS, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Hi gabriela! I think is beautiful that parents gave differents incentives to their childs, and most if you are interest in art.
    Between aesthetic and history,I think we need both; our work is based in the reflection and comprention of art pieces and their contexts.
    But I think it's a hard work.

    SEE YOU! Kisses, Maca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found very cool that your parents bought you books about art.... I wish mine did too!!!!!

    my favorite subject its also sociology of art.. Gallende is so nice.. and Vidaurre is crazy but I enjoy very much his subject too

    ReplyDelete
  3. my parets and i love the artistic expressions. when I was little they took me to concert of classic music and art exhibitions.

    my favorite subjects is ruptura e ideologia, teoria de la investigacion and the monografico de arte americano.

    see you in class! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! i think it's great that your parents always support you to study art. in my experience, it was difficult to get my parents agreement, but know thay are happy beacause i'm happy doing this.
    ok, see you!!

    ReplyDelete